What is personal information and how do we collect it?
The HGA collects personal information about our clients, to provide support, education and business mentorship services, and to effectively manage our business relationships. The types of personal information we collect may be business contact details or may include further information to enable us to support you in your business development and goals.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name and business services
Information including email address
Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
Other information relevant to supporting you and your business
What we do with your information
We require the above information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
To improve our products and services
To ensure you get the best educational experience
We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website or social media outlets including groups and pages on Facebook, according to your interests.
Disclosure of personal information
The HGA will not disclose, share, sell or rent any personal information HGA hold about you without your consent or unless required by law to do so. Where the HGA have outsourced a function or activity to an external service provider, we will only disclose personal information that the service provider needs to undertake that function or activity. We will require external service providers to enter into confidentiality agreements, prohibiting them from using or disclosing personal information, for any purpose other than to carry out the function or activity for which they are engaged.
The quality, accuracy and correction of personal information we hold
Protecting personal information is a priority and the HGA always considers security and confidentiality when handling personal information. It is important that the information we maintain and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time your personal details change, please let us know so we can update our records as soon as possible.
Access to personal information
We respect your right to access personal information the HGA hold about you. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act (1998). If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, please follow the contact details in the further information section.
The HGA is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. The HGA takes responsible steps to protect all personal information we hold, from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. All data and laptops are kept in a secure locker and laptops are password protected. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed.
1. What data we store on your device We do not store any data on your device.
2. What we track We monitor activity in, and uploads to, Boxes. This is both to ensure there are no violations of the Terms and Conditions, or in order to comply with requests from law enforcement or other authorised government agencies.
3. What data we store We store any data that is necessary for the display and processing of a Box (e.g., the box contents themselves, and any settings or customisations that have been made to the Boxes). We also store your contact details so that we can get in touch with you for purposes in connection with the business. We also store usage metrics in order for our internal teams to improve the Community Box experience.
4. What data we share We are committed to your privacy and we do not share data with any 3rd parties, except in the case of requests from law enforcement and other authorised government agencies.
5. How we process your data Your data is stored and processed in the form of reports, and real-time monitoring and metrics. These are used internally within our company to allow us to improve our services so we can improve the Community Box user experience.
6. How you can obtain and erase the data we store about you If you wish to obtain copies of any data we store about you, or for us to erase that data (note that this would imply terminating your account with us), then you can email [email protected] with the subject line "GDPR request" and we will follow up with you to ascertain what action is required.